Hi I’m Isabela!  I am a returning student to TRU.  I wasn’t sure of my career path so took some time to think about my options and entered the work force.  Upon returning, I was interested in History and signed up for this course.  I am so happy I did.  Tracey is so helpful and has a great teaching style.  With this course, I got thinking how the past is really important and makes us who we are today and has an impact on the future, whether it’s personally in our own lives or for the whole society.  We need to know about the past so not to repeat disastrous events, to know where we come from with our culture and ancestors because it molds who we are as a person and the past events and actions and background guide us to our future. I want to continue taking some more history classes. I really like travelling and learning about other cultures.  I especially like if I have an opportunity to live within a different culture. In 2006, I  traveled to Ukraine and lived with the people in the village.  I really got to see personally what life was like when living in a two room house in a small village where  they still ploughed a field by using a horse to pull a plough instead of using big farm machinery.

It was like living in the Pre-Confederation times we studied in this course.

I made a decision to take Education as a career and who knows, I might be teaching history one day!